Opening Hours & Conservation Fee
The Arikok National Park is open 7 days a week (only closed on the 1st of January). The San Fuego Entrance is open from Monday to Sunday from 08:00 am until 4:00 pm (ticket sales at the Visitor Center closes at 3:30 pm). The Vader Piet Entrance (San Nicolas) is open from Monday to Sunday from 08:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
*Opening hours and ticket prices are subject to change*
Rules & Regulations
FPNA wants to remind all visitors to please abide by the Rules and Regulations that apply throughout Parke Nacional Arikok and Ramsar site Spaans Lagoen. Please be informed that a high-clearance vehicle is recommended for visiting the park and a 4×4 for our off-road trails. Kindly take note that due to the impact on nature and the environment, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), utility task vehicles (UTVs), and motorbikes, are prohibited in the protected nature areas.
These Rules & Regulations are an important instrument for our conservation work. The natural landscapes are beautiful, please help us conserve during your visit.
If you do not comply our Park Rangers have the authority to request you to abandon the protected area.
To fully appreciate all the beauty that the park has to offer and to thoroughly enjoy your journey, here are some tips:
- It is recommended to visit the park with a 4 x 4 – please note there are current restrictions on certain motorized vehicles.
- Wear a hat and apply sunscreen liberally
- Take enough drinking water with you on the trails (at least a bottle per person) and wear sturdy shoes
- Pay close attention to your children
- Do not get too close to the sea. Crashing waves are extremely dangerous and strong currents
- Do not touch plants or animals in the park. Some of them are poisonous
- In case of an accident or an emergency, please contact one of the rangers or report to the Visitor Center: (+297) 585-1234
Also note that there is no lighting throughout the park. Make sure to exit the park around before sunset so you can easily find your way out.